Jan 23, 2022

SMILES AGAIN

Uh, life can be such a twist! For someone who used to be the life of and at every party, to someone who now barely attends a party. Uh,life can be such a twist! That said, when I am on board to go for one, I am maximumly prepared to enjoy it, no matter the odds and yes, that stands for kids parties too (see how I am preparing you as well, just now?). 

So I attended this kid's birthday party with the rest of my family over the weekend and it was the simplest, most amazing little union of people. Everyone as themselves, just enough nicely done finger food, a more than gorgeous cake and not too many kids but enough to keep the busy at the house. Now, you know what the contrary can be!! Too many kids that you have a migraine almost as soon as you step into the venue, everyone trying their best to put on their best show, it's so unreal, a cake that looks super duper to the naked eye but is horrible to the naked tongue, too much or too little food all over the place, that flies or dry lips face you on every side. Anyway all I am trying to say I guess is the simple things make the heart truly merry. 

Now, cake time approached and we were all smiles, everyone was served by the adorable birthday girl and we were even more smily at this point. Someone then mentioned how a second serving was in order with a cake like this and our lovely hostess, side eyed me and subtly said, "our nutritionist over here wouldn't agree to that." 
I quickly let myself out of the mix by saying, "it's a birthday guys, can we enjoy it?" I should say everyone's by now, frozen faces quickly lit up and there were those smiles again. 

Once again, it validated the realisation that people associate suffering to reward, achieving, righteousness or perfection. In actuality, however, isn't sustainance, consistence and a steady balance the answer to running and lasting the marathon of whatever your dream or goal might be? Come on, let's get a smile again to that?

No comments:

Post a Comment

EQUALLY UNEQUAL

They call it fast food, I call it a saviour on that rare day, with a quick fix when there's nothing else to eat in the scary dark hour. ...

Now Trending!