Jan 16, 2022

LITTLE STAR AND BIG STAR

I seem to be on the parent craze with my writing lately! It is what it is, we have to enjoy every present moment and phase of life we are gifted with. The offended, kindly take a seat. 
Looking back on the life of my late precious mother and that of my awesome father, I see a life where they made huge sacrifices so their children can be in a better place and the awkward thing is we barely noticed the better place as kids when we were busy comparing ourselves to our peers. Our parents often ghosted themselves, not merely putting their needs at the back seat but even completely scrapping them out of their mind because everything that now defined them was the kids. Its not a rare happening to see for so many parents out there, starving so their kids can eat, buying their kids the top quality food and taking the under cuts for themselves, carving out a super food menu for their kids and then themselves, eating whatever they happen to pounce on. 

I was making a smoothie for my little star one day and as I was pouring his kiddy cup with the blend of some peanut butter, yoghurt, banana and honey to the brim, I realised this was an excellently nutritious snack, one that would bring a little bit of paradise for the body and here I was focussing only on the little star, yet I equally needed that magic, I quickly slapped my head back to sense and pulled another cup for me this time. I remembered, I was human too, my body was in need too. Now, when it's snack time, whether I am going to have just a teaspoonful of whatever we are making, I am having some of that too. Normalise valuing your needs alongside those of your loved ones, guys. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

EQUALLY UNEQUAL

They call it fast food, I call it a saviour on that rare day, with a quick fix when there's nothing else to eat in the scary dark hour. ...

Now Trending!