Jan 30, 2022

NOTHING WITHOUT REMINDERS

 A hunger that bites, 
A hunger that no one is capable of explaining,
A hunger that just sits there, motionless,
A hunger that takes more than a 24 hour run around the sun,
A hunger so silent to the external and yet so loud within,
A hunger so obstinate, eating regular is but a waste of time.
You haven't really felt a hunger until this quiet and yet strong one. 

I moved in circles around the kitchen the past week, eating this and that, sweet and sour, hot and cold, crunchy and soupy, light and heavy, bland and spicy. Nothing quite treated the sickness within, the deeper craving, the missing link.  Five days later and I am starting to feel satisfied finally, what finally landed me there?!  A day of some yam, corn flour meal, peas, goat's meat plus a cocktail of watermelon, passion fruits and orange juices, majorly stuff I hadn't partaken of in a while. 

I believe hidden naughty hunger is our reminder to eat in variety, beautiful beings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

EQUALLY UNEQUAL

They call it fast food, I call it a saviour on that rare day, with a quick fix when there's nothing else to eat in the scary dark hour. ...

Now Trending!