May 24, 2021

DAYS TO LIVE FOR..

For aeons, I repeatedly told myself, that the day I make a g.nut stew that slips off my "matooke" like magma off a volcano! That type, with the nutty flavour and a soothing smoothness to my tongue, I would surely celebrate!! 

I miserably attempted at it so much and still kept telling myself those words so much that myself got weary of hearing them, I now had to start telling those words to someone else. 

I think that long awaited day finally came, that day is today! That day brought me a little more light. My stew came and showed up for me! It felt the patience I had with it, it saw me walking on glass for it, it knew I was watching it's every move this time and it was most certain that I was setting a table before it. By this time, being deemed one of my super star dishes, it graced those plates and left me and mine with grinning tummies.

It's a Monday so I can only party "small, small" as Ugandans popularly like to say when they actually mean "a decent amount." I will therefore do it, the views and wine style because whatever the win, fathomable or unfathomable, great or small of this life, I live for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

EQUALLY UNEQUAL

They call it fast food, I call it a saviour on that rare day, with a quick fix when there's nothing else to eat in the scary dark hour. ...

Now Trending!