Jan 5, 2021

TRAPPED BY THE NEW ME!

Jubilations!!! We made it through the most scary year I ever lived through, phewks!! Seeing 2021 is the purest piece of evidence that there is a higher power who works magic behind the scenes. So, new year, huh? It gets us all feely about suddenly turning into a brand new creation, which is pretty empowering, right? This has certainly been me!, for the last two decades and some. Now I make my entry into my third decade, and as tempted as I am to re-formulate the usual new year, new me resolutions, principles and rules meant to totally change me into this brand new great person, I have failed to ignore these itchy questions. Was the supposed old me, all bad? What happens to the good traits that the old me had? Should it be only about rebuking my weaknesses? Would it be barbaric to appreciate my strong points? Don't some bits of me just need amplifying or perhaps fine tuning? https://youtu.be/rjrQJHbX1hc Whether it's about my food choices, my workout consistency, circle of friends, trials at de-congesting and de-cluttering my life or whether to take that job opportunity, it's these questions that have taken the pressure off my back from changing me because that's the trap , right there, that blinds me from seeing the greatness therein. This year, I dont want a new me. I want to build brick by brick on the awesome that already exists, not to make a new me but to carve a better, old me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

EQUALLY UNEQUAL

They call it fast food, I call it a saviour on that rare day, with a quick fix when there's nothing else to eat in the scary dark hour. ...

Now Trending!