Sep 5, 2021

BE MORE THAN YOU


Pardon my honesty but we all are selfish in nature! Just that, it takes one to know one and I am as human as you.  Only looking to see that our little circle has food to eat, it doesn’t seem to matter what the rest of the world is going through. The coming of the Corona virus doesn’t make it any simpler either. Friends, workmates, church mates and even village mates, people that were once part of our one big family are now rendered strangers or just memories of a time past in our lives. 
We eat fancy, we eat behind the curtains, we eat snappy, we eat out of availability than need sometimes, trashing flesh, toppings, creamy seasonings and food slices to dogs, which really, can be just as good with bones. We do it all because we can but mostly to feed a proud “I should have it all” monster within us and not have to be judged on it.

The thing with nature you see, is! It gives opportunity for evolution. If a trait is making you weak and unfit for survival, you adapt, switch it up or completely change it, inorder to be better, to make it to a longer lifetime. You might argue that fighting for yours, is in itself surviving this tough world but could we really survive without a team, without the balance and normalcy that other human creatures like you and me bring, to make the world more livable? Once we step out of our fences, who do we need? OTHERS!
It’s time to change from who we thought we needed to be in order to live longer, to who we can actually become that would bring more meaning to this world for us and for others. WE REALLY HAVE TO GIVE MORE THAN WE TAKE FROM THIS WORLD. The divine two way thing about giving is, it will soften the receiver’s heart but it will also fulfill the giver’s heart. 

As I conclude this, I am cleaning up my pruners to head out my backyard and chop some holy basil leaf for the neighbours so they too, can have more flavourful and nutritious tea. It’s not grande but it is a spice I can use, beyond me and mine and it’s definitely a start. Well, since we are not used to these settings, I might also get the awkward “Why are you being so nice to us? Is there anything you want from us?” eyes, so I will just send a neighbourhood kid to go dishing it out to as far as the leaf can go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

EQUALLY UNEQUAL

They call it fast food, I call it a saviour on that rare day, with a quick fix when there's nothing else to eat in the scary dark hour. ...

Now Trending!