May 4, 2020

Post-lockdown bucket list..

I thought I had my activity list for immediately when lockdown is lifted, written out, final and intact. As they extend these lockdowns from the orientation phase to the pinch phase to the survivor phase, I see how food cravings and need to feel free in cosy eatery ambiences are starting to itch real bad. 

My list now shape shifts every other day and currently, it's gone from wanting to see loved ones first, to just wanting a tasty meal, one I haven't made myself, another chance for guilty pleasures, some foreign play space for my son as he grabs more fries than his little huge palms can hold.  It would be the perfect reason to carry a handbag again! because, damn!, they are starting to smell like grandma's house! 

I just need to see strangers sitting opposite me at the cafe, going about their conversations, see them happy, follow their gestures, the way they chew, those people who are not everyday family, so that I am sure my village is not the only one that was left behind as the world ends! But the lockdown has since progressed from survivor phase to "every man for himself" mode and I am losing my sanity, I can't keep up with the stoicism so the digital counsellor is going to be my new bestie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

EQUALLY UNEQUAL

They call it fast food, I call it a saviour on that rare day, with a quick fix when there's nothing else to eat in the scary dark hour. ...

Now Trending!