Feb 16, 2020

Drools

Sometimes having to get things done can actually get in the way. Time passes so quickly that you forget to get in touch with the things that keep you sane. Sleep was a craving the past few days, I got into today feeling like am running on injury time. 

Quick question, have you ever not just wanted to but needed to sleep and eat at the same time? Or needed to close one eye on sleep mode and open one eye at the same time, to eat that food? That was the race I was running. Moreover it was fish on the menu. Now, what a sad tale it would have been, if I had to choke myself right out of that sleep debt.

I caved in to that little fish fear and eventually resolved to pause a second, take a big deep breath, one bite at a time and soldier through the dining table chronicles. Of course, it was the baby food portions that got me through that meal. A while after that, my bed was the ultimate dream come true of the week and the drools were how I shared my gratitude. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

EQUALLY UNEQUAL

They call it fast food, I call it a saviour on that rare day, with a quick fix when there's nothing else to eat in the scary dark hour. ...

Now Trending!